Monday, June 13, 2011

...And the floods came up... Again


 During the time Micah and I spent in Utah we heard people say prayers of gratitude for the "moisture" we recieved everytime it snowed. It always stood out because I hate the word "moisture" and because I come from such a wet place. Maybe I take water for granted a little.
I guess this year was especially "moist" for Utah. It has been since we've been back, and Utah is trying to learn how to deal with it.
We live next to a large pond and have a little stream running behind us that feeds into it. These pictures are of us crossing a log by the stream. It seamed friendly enough until the stream got a log stuck in the pipe it runs into that leads it to the pond. The stream rose about 3 feet and began making an alternate route directly next to the house and only inches from Olivias bedroom window well. Steve discovered the new stream and got us all out there digging in the dirt to make a retaining wall for the water until the pipe got unclogged. It took a couple hours and some wading in icy water before the water was flowing as it should and the flood receded. It was way too close for comfort.

2 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

I see Micah finally cut his hair! Did you win that battle or did he just get tired of it? I liked his curls.

It sure looks gorgeous over there. I'm jealous that you get to live life in both worlds. That is my ideal, but I doubt it'll ever happen.

Smiths said...

No battle over the hair- you know how much work long hair can be though.
There are pros and cons to life in both places. I'm going to concentrate on the pros. Come and visit anytime!