Thursday, June 2, 2011

Blessings and the Curse

Sometimes I get the very strong feeling that I'm not the only one totally in love with this little man-boy, Taj. I do everything I can to provide good, worthwhile experiences for him. I try to come up with quality ways to spend our days. Then there are the things that just seem to fall in our laps and are a perfect fit- even more amazing than I would have ever imagined.
 There's a fundraiser for the Primary Childrens Hospital called "The Festival of Trees." People donate decorated trees that are auctioned off for the charity. This year Nana teamed up with cousin/niece/friend Emily Robins to do a "lego" themed tree. Taj has been put to work with an absolute dream job. This is better than Christmas... almost. Lately doors have been opening for us. We feel blessed and loved beyond what we deserve.

 We flooded.
 Again.
I'm pretty sure it's a theme of ours. A curse, even. Micah and I had our first flood right before moving into our first house 5 years ago. That was cleaned up and resolved and all but forgotten when this flood happened just after moving into the new house. Ugh. Luckily it was only one room and the carpet was salvageable. Micah and I are in no rush to buy or move again anytime soon :)

4 comments:

Meg said...

That is awesome that Taj is so into LEGO's. I can't wait to see what the tree looks like, sounds cool!

Sorry about the flooding, we have issues with that, every time it rains a lot, which is far too often! It is such a stress, and so frustrating.

Ashleigh said...

bummer about the flood. That is no bueno. Rad legos Taj. I love the intense concentration on hims face. Those moments are priceless when captured. You guys are some of the luckiest people we know. Happy Days to you.

heidi said...

funny--i just busted a 5 gallon water jug about an hour ago right in my house--thankful for pergo--just hoping not too much got under.
love your crafty towel!!

Melanie said...

We were hoping to catch you in Utah when we visit so Taj could help his cousin build some ornaments for the tree!