Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thankful for....

I love Thanksgiving. It's not just the gluttony. I love anything that means good food, family and friends, and gratitude. Seriously, I can always use a reminder of how blessed I am because it is way too easy to complain.
I always love to hear what the kids are thankful for. Nothing too crazy this year... toys, swimming, family. Thank Yous are nice, but I want to work on active gratitude or doing things to show we are grateful. This year we are going to start a Smith family tradition of a beach clean up to actively show our gratitude for the ocean. We'll be at Hukilau at 9:30 Thanksgiving Day cleaning and playing, if anyone wants to join us. I know it can be a busy morning, so no pressure. Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Kahilau said...

I love that idea! Hope you had a wonderful time! It was 12 degrees here!