Sunday, November 22, 2009

the Highlights

The kids took turns barfing and pooping on Friday and Saturday. Good times. There were definitely some highlights though:
My best friend Sara came to town for a quick 36 hour trip to Utah. It was sooooooo great to see a friend I've known forever, especially since we suck at keeping in touch. Last week Eden's dance class took pictures. This is our tiny dancer :) I'm not exactly a fru fru girl, but I am in love with this picture and want to stare at it all day. My niece also takes dance classes at this studio ("hip hop") and so help me, but I almost peed my pants looking at these little toughies. I believe I heard their teacher say, "Do something gangsta". I love you Kali so here's some fair warning: I'll be showing these pictures to any boy you bring home :)Today was the first primary program Taj has been a part of, and I was a bit emotional. It was precious. He did a great job singing his heart out. I've never paid such attention to a Sacrement Meeting.

On the way home from Nana's house we were all snuggled in the front row of our car ( she lives in the same hood- no main roads. don't judge us:))It had snowed while we were eating dinner and our car was nice and warm. People put up Christmas lights all through the month of November before the real bad weather hits so we were looking at all the lights and Taj says, " these lights make me smile."

Awe. Did anyone see 30 Rock this week? "The Bill Cosby Show was a lie!" Tracy's kid got it right about families: there's a lot of junk, but the good moments are priceless. Or something to that effect. And that would sum up my weekend.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

that picture of eden is adorable!! how did she turn into such a girly girl?

not sure i understand what doing something gansta' means? pull out a gun? sell some drugs? interesting.

ashley said...

glad your toilets are working.

this song on here is going to be stuck in my head all night as i try to get to sleep.

eden is bea-u-ti-ful in that picture. and the hip hop ones are rad.

and sorry if i suddenly stopped texting you the other day, my phone was dead for a few days!

and i am totally telling on you for driving with taj in the front.

liko said...

you both are looking great!!

and eden looks like a little sugarplum fairy. so cute.

Mariko said...

That picture seems a little like child-abuse. :) Those children are definitely abusing something.