Friday, November 20, 2009

My Mouth Is Watering

Sweet Potato Souffle. I've been dreaming about it for weeks, and now it's finally close enough to Thanksgiving that I can share this precious recipe.

Sweet Potato Souffle
3 Cups cooked mashed sweet potatoes (buy them fresh and bake them like regular baked potatoes, then mash the insides. Canned would be fine too, i think)
1 Cup white sugar
3 eggs beaten
1 stick softened butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder

Topping
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/2 Cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 stick melted butter
2 TBSP Milk
1 Cup chopped pecans

Directions
Mix first list of ingredients together and put in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Then mix topping ingredients together and smooth on sweet potato mixture. Then bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

The topping will not be smooth. Just drop spoonfuls on top and try to smooth it out.

Oh, man. I can't wait for this! I think that without this recipe I wouldn't be all that excited for Thanksgiving. That's a little pathetic and I know I could just make this any old time I want, but I refuse. I am determined to keep the anticipation and keep this recipe special. I hope you all try it and love it the way I do. Enjoy!

No comments: