Saturday, October 17, 2009

Taj started a game about a month ago, and I'm really trying not to read too much into it. It's called "Fat Dog" and involves only me and him. He squishes my tummy and yells, "HONK!" He asks me what I ate to get so fat and tells me he ate a whole chocolate cake. He's totally innocent and thinks it's a funny and completely fabricated story, but someone has to remind herself of that :)
I was teaching Eden what butterfly kisses are and later she starts trying to touch my eyes. I was a little confused until she said "touch butterfly."
Taj is more social than ever. Between church, preschool, and play dates he's a very busy guy. After a play date with Bennett I asked him if he had a best friend. He kind of smiled. I started naming his friends and he tells me it's Eden.
The kids are super excited about Halloween, which is normal. A lot of people around here really get into it and decorate their yards. I use the "let's go look for decorations." excuse often as a motivation for them to get into the stroller for my runs. I do not like the creepy Halloween decorations, and Taj does. So far my saying "it's pretend just to try to scare us" is working, but really inside I'm thinking I should leave a note asking these people to put the creepy stuff where young kids can't see it. Some of the houses really are taking it too far.

We just got back Preschool pictures 2009-2010. It might come as no surprise that this little guy is found with his nose in the books all the time. Eden takes him books and asks for him to read to her. He basically just turns the pages and asks her questions about the stories they both have memorized and point at the pictures. I can't believe that it really wont be long until he's reading for real.

1 comment:

Helen said...

Great Photos! You have a talent!