Tuesday, September 1, 2009

My Worst Nightmare

Maybe "worst nightmare" is a bit of an exaggeration. It was a snake- YUCK!, but it wasn't much bigger than a worm, and I'm alright with worms. And it was just a garden snake. Besides giving me the creeps, they're harmless.

Taj ran in with eyes as big as golf balls and said he saw a snake. I ran for the camera and Micah ran to protect his young. Sure enough, this was the little guy Taj found. It's small and I DO NOT want to see it's Mother. I've seen a few snakes this summer and I never wanted to see one at my house. They've crossed the line this time.

5 comments:

Mariko said...

I'm pretty glad we don't have snakes. Now if we could just get rid of the centipedes...

I love that your first reaction is to get the camera.

Joni said...

Jill, I am with you 100%

Ash said...

AHHH! I've seen a few dead ones here...so I know they are around. I just don't EVER want to see one alive. I'm with ya, worst nightmare!!!

heidi said...

What a cute little guy. Thankful not to see any bigger near here.
Our whole gluten-free thing came from when I was pregnant with Cruz. I was getting terrible stomach aches. I found out that I was gluten-intolerant and it was brought out by my pregnancy. At the same time, Oshyn was having TERRIBLE rashes on his face. They would not go away with all of the creams and things that the dermatologist gave us. Turned out that he is also gluten-intolerant and that is how it manifested itself on him. Kind of crazy to deal with at first, but now almost second nature.

Melanie said...

Since we've been on our NM trip we've seen 3 snakes. Big ones. One was right by us when we were sitting in a hot spring. The lodge kitty chased it away, thankfully. We haven't seen a rattler but I've got my eyes peeled.