Friday, August 7, 2009

"Party On Wayne"















It's been one crazy week. I agreed to host two parties this week in addition to it being Micah's birthday and our 6 year anniversary tomorrow. Oh, and I have two kids. What was I thinking?

Amazingly, everything turned out splendidly. I knew the craziness I was in for and planned ahead (which is so not like me). I did yard work the week ahead, made lists of things to get at the store for the parties, planned cleaning times without kids around, made decorations a few at a time and food that could wait in the fridge for a couple days. It was pretty smooth sailing. Even with all the planning I was still all nervous inside and anxious. I think it stems from the boy/girl party I planned with my best friend Sara Chase in eight grade. It was an awkward mess filled with bad mixed tapes and chips. Ugh. I'm glad these events went well AND they are over for a long while. Now I can look forward to tomorrow- the 6 year anniversary of when Micah and I got hitched.








These are a few of the pictures from our wedding invitation photo shoot. I was looking through these old pictures and am shocked how young we look and are. Why didn't anyone tell us? My theory is that either people did and we didn't hear it or people knew what a good match we were.



After six years I'm amazed by a few things: how young we still look, how in love we still are, and how easy and wonderful marriage is. I didn't know what I was in for when I said "Yes". I am grateful everyday for Micah choosing me over and over and making me feel so special. I'm not saying that I have the best husband/marriage or whatever, I'm saying that I'm grateful to have the best husband for me. He gets me. And that feels really nice.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

you should feel as crafty and clever as you are- WHICH IS A LOT! liko told me you had the recipe for it too on your blog and i had to come over here to confirm and yup- but your post is way more nostalgic. it made me feel homesick, like that was my family history too even though it only kind of is. my mom only made playdough for us once or twice. oh, and didnt make such cool birdie sculptures... there was just a lot of rebellious playdough stuffings (like into blocks and other toys that are tight and impossible to get squishy things out of.) anyway, you are cool and yes great minds do think alike! :)

Stephanie said...

oh and CONGRATS on all the happy occasions!

liko said...

happy anniversary!

heidi said...

that is nice to hear that someone else is happy with the crazy choice they made at the ripe age of the young twenties.
and wow you sure know how to make a gal feel good. i appreciated it. funny i never think of myself that way, but i can always get good ideas and inspiration from all of these other moms (ahem...the homemade play dough! cool!!) thanks.

ashley said...

happy 6 years! i remember when micah was still gone and you were telling me about him! glad you two ended up together and happy your so great for each other. luke and i were talking a while ago about couples that we really like hanging out with and you two were ranked pretty high- i love that you guys are happy with each other and easy going. you can feel it being with you all and i love it!

and nice job with the parties, i am such a bad planner these days, glad you got it all in!

Lacey said...

happy 6th! i was totally gonna text you, but as usually happens time gets away from me, so when you guys coming to visit!??

Mariko said...

Happy Birthday Micah! You guys are the perfect couple. That's why no one said a word about you looking like babies. I have a theory that you should probably get married before reality makes you avoid it.