Wednesday, August 12, 2009

"This is a good day!"

Thanksgiving Point is doing a month long thing where all the venues are two dollars every Tuesday. I was motivated by the prices to go to the Children's Garden on Tuesday, not thinking at all that the rest of the state heard about the promotion. It was packed. I'm not one for crowds or traffic, but the kids didn't seem to notice or mind at all.
After playing where's waldo with them by Noah's Arc we explored the gardens. Taj and Bennett could've played in the bear tunnel all day, but there was so much more to see like the huge caterpillar, the stage, the climbing area, and the waterfall. I would have taken more pictures but I thought my sweat level was too high for my camera-ha ha. Taj told me, "this is a good day." The crowd didn't seem so bad after that.


That evening we had our first backyard camp out. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows in the oven and bathed in the lake and waterfall, then hiked to our campgrounds. It was a fun game of pretend. The boys stayed out there all night. We found out that Taj is a snorer, and also that he is a great little camper.

2 comments:

ashley said...

backyard camp outs are the best!
and that place looks so fun. don't you love when your kids can acknowledge a good day! makes all the effort worth it!

Mariko said...

Those kids are so cute. I love the marshmallow mouths. And I think marshmallows in the oven are way better than over the fire, actually.