Sunday, May 10, 2009

Cabin Fever



We just got back from a weekend at my Aunts cabin in Heber (thank you again Rosy!). We fished, hiked, played in the dirt, had water gun sneak attacks, fed ducks, cuddled, watched wildlife (Taj and Eden included), ate lots, and just enjoyed being family.

I know I tend to complain a lot about some of the things in my life I can't control, but lately that has been replaced with gratitude to our Heavenly Father for knowing what I need in my life better than I do. I have a beautiful life for which I am grateful. I am even beginning to see the good that's coming from some of the things I have fought against. I'm sure it wont be long before I'm gritting my teeth about some of life's daily annoyances, but for now I am grateful. I guess it was a good weekend.

2 comments:

ashley said...

sounds fun to me!

it's amazing how one minute life is nice and refreshing then the next you are gritting your teeth, i have that problem a lot these days. i am trying to not let the small stuff (or small people) get to me, but it's hard!

Mariko said...

Yeah, I have to agree that usually, things turn out, even if I didn't want them to.
Utah definitely has some things going for it, and those things have the last name SMITH!
Miss you guys. Things are getting hot, hot, hot over here, so enjoy the cool for a little bit longer.