Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A Few Discoveries...

* I am a terrible shoveler. This is sad because I really enjoy it- it's usually quiet out there and I'm outside getting fresh air and exercise.


*There's nothing worse than the feeling of getting sweaty with all your snow stuff on. Dirty.


*If I tell Taj he's Iron Man and Eden is Pepper Pots he is the sweetest guy to her and all of a sudden loves to play with her and help her do things.


*Taj discovered the light in his bedroom closet...


*Micah and I have discovered Taj sitting in his closet with the light on after he was supposedly fast asleep. Stinker.


*I could seriously feed my children cereal, hot dogs, and taquito's every meal for the rest of their lives....


* I really need to come up with healthier food options for the kiddo's.


*Eden's belly button. She's LOVES belly buttons and is constantly feeling her own and looking for mine.



Things I wish I could discover:


*A way to get Eden to drink milk.

* Warm winter clothes (especially shoes) that don't make me feel like Napolean Dynomite wearing moon boots.

*How to get Taj to stay in his bed through the night without having to take him back to his room. Ugh. Thank heavens for a helpful husband and for Taj usually going to his side of the bed first:)


* A motivation (that works) to get me to exercise in the winter.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

I can help in the shoe department! Come to Portland and I'll take you to the best places to get shoes that are functional and adorable. Alternately, I guess I could just send you some links.

liko said...

haha! i love this post, jill. yeah, the sweating in the winter clothes deal is pretty icky. at least when you get hot here you can jump in the ocean.

ashley said...

i am having an on/off button installed in our next child so i don't have to worry about the up in the middle of the night stuff the third time around. sounds like you might be interested in getting on of those too.

have you tried chocolate milk? works wonders for me and mine.

and as for the puppy, well, i think i would love one too but then i think it adds a lot of work but a lot of fun. maybe dog sit for someone and give it a whirl- you can find people on craigslist who are looking for people to do just that. it might give you a better idea of what you may be getting your self into!

Molly said...

I have to laugh about the belly button thing. Deacon loves his belly button. He normally passes out about 5 minutes after he finds his piko. We had to stop putting him in onsies or full jammies at about 9 months because one night he cried for what seemed like hours, and we realized it was because he couldn't get to his belly button. He's 2 1/2 now and it still is the magic charm for getting him to sleep.

Bailey said...

Scout shows everyone her belly button. Even strangers in line at the post office.

Kahilau said...

Love this post! I am laughing cause I love to shovel the snow too. My neighbors think I am ridiculous, even if it's still snowing I am out there. It feels so good to be outside. Also, Chloe has the same shoes as Eden does in that picture. I love them. Good luck with the exercise thing, if you find something that works pass it on. I am STRUGGLING!

Mariko said...

So I guess I should be glad about the fact that Amaya is still sleeping in the port-a-crib and she has to have a LOT of motivation to get out of that in the middle of the night.
The nursing thing is interesting. Now that I'm this far away from it I can't believe I did it at all, really. At the time, I agree, it was a little sad. Even now I'm thinking, "Oh, it will be sad when Amaya doesn't come into my bed at 6 am and cuddle with me", but in a couple of years I will be very happy to have my own space for those last few minutes of the morning.
You guys belong to a gym right? I think yoga and aerobics indoors would be nice and cozy with all of the bluster outside.

Smiths said...

Yes, we are gym members, but between the drive and the kids, whose got the motivation? Not me. Taj knows the Weezer song that says, "working out at the gym to fit your underwear." He survives the gym babysitting place but Eden cries. I don't think it's worth it. It definitely doesn't replace fresh air and sunlight... I'm a junkie.

Amy said...

The moon boots comment was too hilarious!!! I miss you!