Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pacifier Heaven

The boy love(s/ed) his pacifier. We never planned to give him one, but he came back to us from the dreaded baby boy surgery with one happy as a clam. It worked to calm him down over and over again.... who would turn that down?



We have slowly weened him off of it, and for over the last year he's only used it for naps and bedtime. We worried over getting rid of it because we didn't want to lose naps or have him wake up crying at night without it, and we thought we'd have a big fight over him giving it up. We started telling Taj that he was almost too old for a paci (way too old). Then we presented this idea to him. He was really excited about it and a day or two later we did it. It went off flying and he was happy as a clam. Luckily he still naps and sleeps great through the night. Every once in a while he will kind of giggle and tell us his paci is in the clouds. I'll consider myself to have dodged a bullet with that one. A situation where procrastinating worked out.

7 comments:

Mickell Gehret said...

What a great Idea...I'll have to try that one with my Aly!!

katie speed said...

that is the best parenting idea ever. I hope I can be so clever

Megan and Keli'i said...

Super cute idea. So what should I do about Eva's thumb sucking? I don't think the same idea will hold up...!

Ash said...

That is a really smart idea!
Hey, I have a question... I noticed a while back that you guys have a trampoline, is it worth it? I'm debating and our kids are close to the same age so I was just wondering your opinion about it.
Also, we did come to Utah, the post titled 'Super Stompers'. It took place in Aspen Grove. Wish you guys were in town so we could have seen you!

Linsey said...

Brilliant. Unfortunately our boys suck their fingers and we can't float those away.

Molly Malia said...

i LOVE that! it's such a great idea... i'm going to have to remember that one!

Martha said...

What a fantastic idea! I'll have to try it next time. Makes much more sense then saying "it's lost" or "all gone".