Wednesday, October 8, 2008

ROCKtober


October is off to a rocking start. On October the forth (and then the next night) we celebrated Eden's First birthday! Can I just gush about her for a minute? She is the cutest girl in the world after all. I love how she points and grunts at everything, gives kisses to every animal she sees... even snapping ducks and creepy black cats (for Halloween), enunciates "Uh-Puh" and whispers "Pop Pop", found her nostrils and can be found slowly sliding her finger in and out of them, knows how to fake burp and knows it's funny, has crazy hair, loves tomatoes and will eat them off the tomato plant until we stop her, she almost always reaches for me :), waves her arms and pretty much leaps out of my arms to her Daddy for their after work hug/hangout, can walk but chooses to hold my hand, loves to wear the Mr. Potato Head glasses, copies the sounds we make when we tickle her, dances whenever music is on.....
I could go on all day. She's our little sweetheart. We are so grateful to know her and are blessed to have her in our family.
We had a little Luau for her, and let's not forget the cake. She LOVED it, or at least the frosting.

As I mentioned before, it's ROCKtober.... Last night Micah and I went to a Weezer concert! Funnest concert I've ever been to, and I've been to some winners. It all started with Richard Marx. Any who, the seats we bought didn't exist or something so we got to sit in the 3rd row. After tolerating "Angels and Airwaves" Weezer came on stage. I think Rivers lost a bet or something because everything he said in the first two songs was in Spanish: "Como est as?" "Me llamo Jonas", and so forth. It was the kind of concert where everyone sang along and was super stoked the whole time. Unlike the lead singer of A and A they didn't swear and even mentioned their families. They had about thirty fans that knew how to play instruments call in a radio station in advance then got to go on stage to play "Island in the Sun" and "Beverly Hills". The penny whistler was especially talented. I love the Weezer! I challenge anyone having a bad day turn on some Weezer and not feel better. We were a little worried we'd feel like old farts there but then we saw the people that took their two year olds with them and realized we're just fine.

With a start like this I think I can get through the freezing temperatures expected this month. Lookout everyone- the winter Jill is just around the corner. Yikes.

8 comments:

heidi said...

she is awesome--cruz can date her for sure (maybe its the girls parents that need to give permission?) i'm glad you went to weezer--even if we feel like we'll be old, its fun to stay young...did that make sense? anywho, about the tri's, i think utah has tons, but this is the very tail end of the season. in spring it will pick up again and through the summer, even more. i've always wanted to do an adventure race there b/c they have soooo many. it would be cool to do a relay with the husbands and us too. in case it isn't apparent, we're always up for anything. and to make this comment even longer, i love your family picture on the side. get a fun jacket for the winter or some cool snow boots that make you happy. good luck. cold is not my friend yet either.

ashley said...

first, luke just opened the package that you sent while i was on the phone. i am so excited. thanks a ton!

second, eden, i love you. i will make you a lil shirt as soon as i get a long sleve one- promise! you are such a cute girl!

third, weezer! that sounded super fun. it's so nice to go to a really fun concert. i agree with how it just makes you feel happy!

and forth, can't wait to see you guys this weekend. velzy will be jealous that she doesn't get to see her boyfriend. i will text you...oh, the mighty text....

Melanie said...

Yay! Happy Birthday, Eden! Don't worry, a package will be coming soon. I'm glad that October is kicking butt for the Smith family so far!

Bailey said...

Happy Birthday Eden! How exciting to be one! Her cupcake looks so tasty!

Jeff and Eliza said...

First of all, I feel better that you're not in Hawaii any more. I was starting to get extremely jealous. Second of all Eden is super cute and I love that picture of you four up top. You kind of look like a ladder. And third of all, we saw Angel's and Airwaves with Brent and Katie on New Year's and they SUCKED! I'm sure Weazer was mucho better.

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

Yeah for Eden!! Isn't it crazy how much we can fall head over hills for those little people!! She's so cute, and that cup cake looked way to good to be eaten!! But i'm sure it tasted very good!

Linsey said...

Well deserved gushing, she is delicious! Happy Birthday Eden!

Amy said...

Eden is such a cutey! I wish I could live closer to you so I could be Aunty Amy and know your kids better. I loved the pacifer-balloon thing--cute idea. Anyway, call me soon. We need to chat.