Sunday, October 12, 2008

Four Letter Word

Politics. Politics is a four letter word to me. I have never liked them or understood them much. I feel helpless and saddened by them, oh, and extremely uninformed. I usually just stay out of them (unless you count "The Colbert Report" or "Saturday Night Live"), but because of the current state of our nation and the upcoming election I find myself getting sucked in. I've even listened to parts of a couple debates and watched interviews.
Liz Rago, who I am proud to know, is doing a blog series called "30 Days. 30 Issues." It's been very informative and only slightly opinionated:). Here's the link: http://foreverkaili.blogspot.com/
All I know is that I think anyone that would want to be President right now is nuts. I'm grateful they are willing. It will be a long process to get America back to good, but I really feel like Obama is aware and willing to acknowledge that there are no easy answers. I like most of his plans and feel comfort from his firm stance. Again, there is so so much I don't know and understand. Can't we just elect Thomas S. Monson?

3 comments:

Melanie said...

I have never been more agitated and anxious about an election as I am this year. I am riveted.

heidi said...

i guess everyone has there favorites. we better all just pray about our choice to make sure its right....and then if our favored doesn't win---keep praying for whomever does. funny how this election is bringing the unpolitics likers (is that a word i just made up?) out of the wood work. i am one of them.

Amy said...

I know what you mean. This is a weird election year. I agree that Obama seems to make sense and have some fresh ideas. Hopefully whoever becomes president will help us move forward.