Thursday, March 27, 2008

Not much to say, and yet so much to say

Do you ever stop and realize how quickly time flys and feel like there's not anything really significant to say about the time that is now gone? I feel like that a lot, yet there are always lots of seemingly insignificant things that occur. It's the kind of stuff that happens that if someone were to ask what you've been up to, you wouldn't really mention them, but they were kind of special.
So here are a few of the little things I might not have mentioned, but decided to anyway.
-We went for a walk to "the Duck Pond". On the way Taj and Eden got a hold of each other and melted my heart. When we got to the pond there really weren't any ducks. We threw bread anyway, and two ducks found us. Yippy!
-Eden has found her feet! Is there anything cuter than a baby playing with their feet?
-We love to get out. Here's us living it up at a park just up the street from us. We like it because Micah and Taj can get back to our house on the skateboard without pushing since it's all downhill on the way back. And isn't Eden so grown up now?

-Taj has been taking some awesome monster naps. Love growth spurts.

- I have managed to figure out how to get both kids bathed and in bed all by myself. I've only had to do it on my own a few times until this week when I've had to do it three nights in a row. I feel like a real mom of two now.

-Eden doesn't really like peas, but I found out that I kind of like them, and I really like the color.

3 comments:

ashley said...

ok, that picture of you and eden on the slide is so cute, she really is looking so much older. the full head of hair helps, i think she has more than vz. and i love your sweater.
i am sooooooo jealous of taj's monster naps. that is not a good subject in this house right now, your a lucky mommy.
so has the "busy season" hit? is that why your a single mom at nights this week? good luck!

Kahilau said...

Jill, you are such a great mom. How fun to see you guys get out and play as a family. Can't wait to get together sometime.

Kari said...

I loved this whole post! The whole idea of it was great and the pictures were darling! I sometimes stress that I'm not recording all of the sweet little things, like you were talking about. I'm making a book (journal, really) of funny/cute sayings said by Alison and sweet memories of the kids. I feel less pressured to remember them all after I've written them down! PS the picture of them holding hands is very precious!