Sunday, March 30, 2008

Ways to have fun...

We woke up to a what the crap surprise snow storm this morning. I am grateful for kids today because while I'm nursing Eden I hear Taj saying, "It snowed! We have snow boots and our snow clothes!" He's bursting and ready to go out and play. I instantly felt a little less depressed about the lingering winter and went out to play with Taj. Bless his heart.

Taj loves to bowl. At least he used to. Lindsay and I planned an awesome outing to the bowling ally for Taj and Bennet. The boys enjoyed bowling for a total of about one minute and spent the rest of the time running around in the cute tiny bowling shoes. Meanwhile Lindsay bowled for the kids and tried not to look too bad next to the 5 and 8 year olds practicing for their bowling league. What the?

7 comments:

ashley said...

they make bowling shoes that tiny? that is awesome!
and why is it still snowing??????????
sorry jill. i really am sending you sunshine and warm weather. hope it gets there soon.

Lindsay said...

At least we got to hang out for 10 seconds. I was pretty good at bowling I must say...no one has to know we had bumpers and the little ramp. I say BOO to the snow. I am done with it and do not want it to come back for 16 months. I don't know why I chose 16 months, but that sounds pretty good right now.

JulieAbundo said...

That is definitely on my list of least favorite ways to wake up. At least right now when I ready for things to warm up. The bowling looks fun. Maybe we'll try taking Eryn one of these days.

heidi said...

I cannot believe it is still snowing. disgusting. this has got to be the snowiest year ever for Utah--seems like its always snowing there. i hope you have some sassy snow boots that make you excited about it. little bowlers--i need to try that just for the shoes. i'll add the recipe for easter on my blog...send me your email for the resurrection eggs and i'll tell you how to make them.

Kahilau said...

We had just put our snow boots away the day before the big snow storm. Don't you just love how the kids were just so excited to see snow again. Thank goodness someone was. And by the way, those bowling shoes really are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Hey smiths! I found your blog through another. Taj is so big and so stinkin cute! And congrats on your new one...eden. she is beautiful!

Unknown said...

The Snow is fun for the little ones, they seem to be able to with stand the cold better then us old folk.... Maybe to much sunshine in our blood. Miss you guys.

Love Uncle Jared