Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bragadocious


So, Taj is a genius. I'm not too sure about what's appropriate for his age when it comes to smarts, but this kid is definitely the smartest kid in the world (I'm a mom). He found this movie at the library and really wanted to borrow it. I humored him thinking he wouldn't really like it, but I was sooooooo wrong. He loves it! Anytime we would let him watch a movie he would choose this one and before we knew it Taj was reciting the whole movie. No big deal until we noticed the other day that he was pointing to the letters on the dryer saying what they were, "h. e. a. v. y. d.u.t.y. What these words say?" Whoa! Later that same day he sees the letters on a car in the parking lot, "L. A.N.D." Holy moly. This kid is learning to read all on his own. Turns out he can spell and recognize his own name and mom and dad and eden. Nerd alert. Just kidding. I'm obviously a little proud.

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

I am officially next in line for that movie at the library. Now you've done it.....you've sealed your fate.....Taj is now going to hang out with Bennett 24/7 so that he can rub off on him. I would agree that Taj is a genius, and a cute one at that!

Melanie said...

Uncle Ben is going to be so proud!

Kahilau said...

So FUN!! I am going to have to get that movie too!! Have you heard of Letter Factory? It's from the Leap Frog company and teaches kids the sounds each letter makes. It's been a great one for Ez. Great job Taj.

Molly Malia said...

hey, next time i get down there taj and i are going to have to have a spelling challenge!
way to go kiddo!

jill, go ahead, be proud!

Kari said...

I love the title of this post! Looks like you have a smarty-pants on your hands!! So I know he loved the movie, but what is your rating on it? Is it worth buying? I'm working with Alison on her ABC's, and while she is enjoying it, I don't think she's quite grasping the concept. If you would recommend it, let me know!