Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Year the Kids Were 20 Different Things

With neighbors after the first trick or treat of the night. Eden decided to be a princess out of nowhere.
I think this year we tried to see if there is such thing as too much Halloween. After 3 party's, Turtle Bay's "Halloween Bash", 9 costumes, the Kahuku Elem. Halloween Parade, trick or treating, Peanuts Halloween Movie, Taj's first haunted house, and Olivia's new found obsession with candy, Halloween is DONE! And can I say Thank Goodness!

With cousins after trick or treating. We watched "9" and ate way too much candy. Olivia is savoring her very own lollipop.

I think Halloween and dressing up totally confused Olivia. I'm realizing this is her expression in pretty much all the pictures while she's in costume.



This was the first party we went to, and it totally got the kids pumped. We had Mummy hot dogs, Mummy Pizza, Frog Eye juice (POG, with real lilikoi seeds that grossed the kids out), spider dip, Bread bones with "blood" dip, sugar cookies to decorate, ghost lollipops to make, and a pinata. Awesome. You're amazing Kirsten, and if you don't start blogging I'm going to start a blog about you! Taj in his Mummy  costume and Eden in her "merlia" mermaid costume.
Cotton Candy at the Turtle Bay "Halloween Bash". The kids did the jump house, got their faces painted, got free pumpkins, and Taj went through his first haunted house. Micah took him because I'm a hater. I hate haunted houses and pretty much everything creepy. Seriously, try and explain a dead bride and scary looking clowns to a 6 year old. Micah held Taj and said he was shaking he was so scared. Luckily a girl from school he knew was dressed up and part of it. That helped remind him it's all pretend. Taj in his Ninja costume and Eden as a Cat.

Taj's school does a Halloween Parade that was super fun. In Taj's experience a parade means dancing and entertaining. I didn't really think about that until we noticed that every time he saw someone he knew he started what looked like a ninja demonstration. Our camera was being lame and wouldn't focus while he performed for us, but he's in costume right in front of the lovely Stephani Robertson.

Darling Princess Layla and "Merlia" the mermaid a.k.a Eden at a party.

Eden and Olivia were originally going to be mermaids together, but Eden decided to be a cat, then a princess. Olivia tolerated her costume. Note: her dress up expression. She never complained, but I hope she's more into next year.

Boys being boys. Cute, I mean Scary.

No, this is not last year. This is the party where the kids wanted to wear last years costumes. I'm trying to get festive. I'm kind of a party pooper when it comes to dressing up. Maybe next year.
Cute Kitty. Olivia got on all fours like Eden. This was the party we went to that Taj says doesn't count because there wasn't very much candy. I didn't teach him that. Mine and Jared, you guys are awesome! The goat woman story is a classic, as is the doughnut and cookie game. Thanks.

Taj as a Mummy, the first time. He loved being in character. He kept coming up with games like, "pretend the car is my sarcophagus, and when the engine turns off I come to life". Very clever play on words my boy.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hey! I spy me wrestling impatient Asher in the background! hahaha I love the 20 different costumes- well done Mama!

liko said...

yeah - go mom for the different costumes!
i let my kids choose and once i start making them or buying them, that's what they're going to be!
and malik was a mummy, too! we were counting all the mummies while trick-or-treating and i did spot taj!