Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving

This year Thanksgiving was at our house, but that doesn't mean I did it all. I was very thankful for the help of my amazing talented sisters in law, Mariko and Alissa. I made some good stuff and they made some great stuff. Of coarse I was too busy eating to remember to take pictures, but here are a few of the guests of honor...
This is the Banana Cream Pie with chocolate crust made from scratch. My favorite of the night.


Raw chocolate truffle pie with strawberries (there must be chocolate, even at thanksgiving)

Korean Pear Pie made by Mariko with korean pears from her yard in Oregon. Look out Apple pie!
Taj's school did a "Turkey Trot" race. Can you spot him? He seemed to really like it. It was pretty entertaining. Those kids were pretty serious.




I am so thankful for my little turkeys, and their big Daddy turkey. I am so blessed. We had a great time on Thanksgiving eating way too much and talking and letting the kids be wild. Now I am thankful it's over and for leftovers.

1 comment:

liko said...

oooh, looks divine - the banana cream and raw chocolate truffle!!
and turkey trots are a BIG deal - i remember going to that same school and the first place winner would get a turkey, second a ham, and third a pumpkin pie. in kaaawa they just had an obstacle course relay thing.