Saturday, June 18, 2011

10 Months and 25 Days Old

My baby is beyond baby steps. She is full on cruising. She walks around the house like it's her job. She walks herself down the hall to find the action, with me close behind adoring her every movement (and keeping her out of trouble). This little one is found climbing stairs, picking up food and any other little tiny bit off the ground and putting them in her mouth. Everything goes in her mouth. Everything. She will raise her arms in the air for apparently no reason while walking around. This little girl will start off in one direction, then turn around with a smile and come back to lean in and get a hug. This happens a lot. Love surrounds her. She has developed a crush on her Daddy. This little one loves her brother and sister. They are the best gift for her, and her for them. There is endless giggling and love when they're around each other. Taj and Eden jump up to follow me in to get her from naps. They must kiss her before naps and bedtime. They feel the need to share everything with her- food, toys, blankets. She loves her blankets. She babbles "ma ma ma" and does what I would describe as a soft and sweet growl. She whispers. She squeaks. She tries to imitate animals and squeals when she sees them. She is precious and growing way to quickly.
Olivia is very social. She likes to watch and meet people. We went to the pond by our house with some of our favorite Utahans- yes Pattersons, you are Utahans.
She had to hang out with Clive, and I can't blame her. He's adorable, and very entertaining.
The big boys had big boy business of squirting and digging and trying to get away with getting everyone wet. Taj has grown up tons in the short time we've been here. He is the human sponge. He has been caught reading- really reading books to Eden because she asked him to. He showers himself, gets himself dressed, makes his bed, started trying new foods and admitting he likes them, loves to earn money for toys, rides big kid bikes, and has started trying out the basics of picking on his sister. They really are the best of friends, but you can almost see his wheels turning as he wonders what would happen if... It's a summer full of learning.

Eden is my little buddy. She is so beautiful. I sometimes can't believe she came from Micah and I. She's at the stage of 3 year old hood where I never know what I'm going to get. We get the sweetest of sweets, and wildest of wilds. One second she's wanting to wrestle and be a power ranger, and the next she's wanting to put on lip gloss and brush her hair. I guess this is how you find out who you are.  

Racheal is the funnest Mom I know. She is completely devoted, has an amazing sense of humor, and is someone that makes being in Utah bearable.

1 comment:

Mariko said...

Oh, Livy looks all grown up already. It makes me so sad! I know. She's not grown up. But her hair is getting so long.

I can't believe you flooded. I thought that only happened in Hawaii (oh, and on the Mississippi. Yep.).