Sunday, May 1, 2011

Unreal




I'm having a hard time believing that it was less than a week ago that we were playing in the sun and water and sweating. My heart aches a little. My feet ache a lot- it's been a while since these puppies have had shoes on them.
It's been freezing since we got here, and finally gave us some snow to show for it. The kids had fun playing in it and eating it. I forgot how much work it is to get everyone dressed warmly to go out, even if it is just to the car, then indoors again. We haven't gone out much. Thank heavens for Nana, fireplaces, hot chocolate, and warm new houses with big windows that let sunshine in, even if it's still cold. We're trying to stay positive because now that it's May it's sure to get warm-ish. I hope.

5 comments:

Lacey said...

you guys are so cute, those pics of hawaii make me miss it so much! hope you survive in utah, how long you staying. Donnie said a few months. we are coming in the end of july. maybe we'll be able to see you in warm utah if you are still there.

Stephanie said...

We miss you guys! Stay warm and see you again real soon!

Ashleigh said...

Your momma looks great in that picture. And as always Taffy looks fabulous! However, I dont like the ugh part that you mentioned. I know its not heaven, i mean Hawaii, but hey the summers are quite fun here. And we are excited to get out, play, explore and swim with you guys!:)

heidi said...

Once the snow passes, I think you've got the seasons planned out just right! Summer in Utah--the rest in Hawaii! Sounds like a great plan. Can I get Beau a job with Micah? :)

Megan and Keli'i said...

Gorgeous photos...and brrrr...it looks cold!

And I agree with Heidi...what a splendid idea to spend summers in Utah and winters in Hawaii. Lovely, lovely idea.