Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Mothers Day To Me!

This was a little Mother's day treat: while conference calling Micah's brother, Elder Gabriel Smith in Brazil, Olivia had the need to walk and laugh. It was adorable. She walks all day long. On furniture when my hands aren't free, but mostly just with me. I treasure it. I won't even think of her walking on her own- my hands will miss hers. She's only 9 months! Ack!


Something about Mothers Day makes me evaluate my Mothering, and leaves me feeling plain old inadequate. I put that aside and remind myself that I'm doing the best I know how to. Leaving it at that I truly feel blessed to be the mother of these little people. They make my life beautiful.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

TK walked at 10 months so get ready! And you're doing more than adequate raising those little cuties. You are doing an awesome job!

Kaity said...

Jill you are such a good mom. I wish I was more like you. And, your kids are soo cute.

ashley said...

oh, and you are such a good mom. a great one even. i really look up to you and how patient you are and how you always speak kindly to your kids. they are great and it's a reflection of you. seriously. like kaity, i look up to you too!

Amy said...

I can't believe she is walking already! I am glad James is not to that point yet. He just started this weird elbow army crawl. He hasn't got up on his hands or knees at all and is not that interested in standing up either. Olivia is such a cutie. I love the photo of her and Micah. Thanks, so much for your cute little note you mailed me. You must of mailed it right before I finally updated my blog. :) I have been thinking about you lately too and think I need to just call you one of these days and chat. I'll talk to you soon. Love you, Ams