Monday, January 24, 2011

Perspective

Our little love is 6 months today. I don't know what I expected to feel or how I thought things would be when Olivia turned 6 months old, but I find myself overwhelmed with good feelings- gratitude, comfort, joy, peace, love. All because of Olivia. I haven't gone into details about some of the experiences we've had with her. They are very personal and someone taught me that they aren't all mine to share. They aren't a secret either. Micah and I knew we were supposed to have another baby. We couldn't ignore it. Knowing Olivia was meant to come to our family has given me comfort. I feel complete joy with her. With every smile, giggle, squeal, roll, sloppy kiss, and hug I feel gratitude that she was given to us. While I cherish my experiences watching Taj and Eden go from baby to toddler to the 3 and 5 year olds they are today, I don't remember being able to be calm and just enjoy each stage with them. I was probably too tired. Now I know how quickly it goes. Taj calls her our "littlest Livi-love." Eden calls for her every night for a hug before bed. There is so much love all thanks to Olivia. It's been a wonderful 6 months. I feel like the luckiest Mom in the world.

*picture taken today at Ho'omaluhia. More on that to come...

7 comments:

Megan and Keli'i said...

She sure is a doll. What a wonderful family you have, Jill! Happy Six Months!

Ashleigh said...

so well put. Your family is so beautiful. However, I do have a request I would like to see you post pictures of you in them. I miss you.

PS I made your pizza dough the other night. It was a disaster. Tasted nothing like yours (which yours is soo good) I am not good with breads or doughs of such sort. oh well try try again.

liko said...

she is a cutie patootie for sure!!!

and six months already!? crazy!!

ashley said...

it's funny how "the thrid" child is stereotyped as being sorta crazy, but you (and i as well) only have all good things to say about these little creatures. maybe we are in for it in the future, but for now i love soaking in all the good they have brought with them. even if it means i don't get to surf as much as i would like ;)

Anonymous said...

she is the cutest in the world!!

Sally Jackson said...

Olivia is just adorable and cute in every way. She must bring a lot of love to the house!
I am thoroughly enjoying our 6 month old,as well (born july 25th!) and third baby. There's just something about the 3rd baby that makes me feel so happy and adjusted as a Mom.

Sally Jackson said...

I could've sworn I left a comment on here, oh well, here it is again! Your baby girl is adorable and you guys seem so happy to have her! What a joy! I think it's the third baby that really has us gobbling up their every baby-cuteness. p.s. Our Jonah was born on the 25th! Cheers to 6 mos old babies.