Saturday, December 4, 2010

You Did What?

We are about 98% sure we left all our Christmas decorations in Utah. Olivia is shocked too (picture to prove it). Of coarse we didn't notice until a few days ago when we started to feel a little Grinchy about having nothing Christmas-y in our house except the little fake Christmas tree the nice tenant of Condo 45 gave us. We went shopping today to get a little more festive.

Instead of being sad and remembering the few Christmas items I grew attached to I went in search of some inspiration (thanks Etsy). I wanna make these:
Definitely want this. Might take a few years to build up my green sea glass collection though.
How sweet is this. I'm sure the ones I make will need an explanation of what they are.

Any who, this year I am really going to try hard not to stress about what we have or don't have. We have been blessed beyond measure this year and are excited to share this first Christmas with Olivia.

*St. Nicholas Day is on Monday the 6th! Anyone else leave out a shoe for this?

3 comments:

Kahilau said...

It is a great lesson in what really matters. I love those ideas. There is a website called oneprettything.com and they have some fun idea for homemade Christmas ornaments and every idea comes with a tutorial. I sure your Christmas will be perfect!

liko said...

i love all the sea glass creations!! i have a bit of a seaglass collection myself, and have been dreaming of making jewelry, but this stuff is awesome. and those starfish Christmas trees - perfect.

all of them a perfect fit to life by the sea.

ashley said...

maybe we need to have a decor making day? love the sea glass stuff! super cool!

and thanks again for coming over with the crew, we love you guys! and i really enjoyed eating my apple today, cause it was dipped in burnt carmel. yum.