Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Only In Utah

August 8th is a big day around here. Among other things it marked Micah's 29th birthday and our 7th wedding anniversary. I was pretty much a bum this year. I did nothing for Micah. I didn't prepare ahead and buy anything. I didn't even help the kids make him anything. We're pretty low key about these things anyway, but I really let this one get away from me.

In a meager effort to celebrate we went out to dinner on Saturday. We left Taj and Eden with Nana and once Olivia was all fed we took off. At the end of dinner Liv started waking up. She was hungry. Olivia's only 2 weeks old so instead of letting her cry all the way home we pulled into a parking lot to feed her in the car. Being civilized Micah pulled off to a darker, deserted area of the parking lot. He went and got us some "Red Mango"- so good. While we were all eating a car pulled up next to us. Right next to us. This was strange since there were hundreds of other parking spots open and we weren't even parked by anything. We were curious and started watching. The dad got out of the minivan and went to the back seat where he got a baby out. He handed the baby to his wife who began feeding their baby. Classic. We laughed and thought, "only in Utah." Micah then said it's definitely time to move. I couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

liko said...

heehee!! that's pretty funny!

Mariko said...

I will agree if you say that you also happened to go to cafe rio for dinner.