Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Water Babies

Swim lessons, fountains, streams. We can't get enough water these days. This is my first summer being sidelined during swimming lessons. I'm a sweaty beast and besides loving watching the kids play it's torture to just sit on the side. I realized that once baby comes I won't be able to get in the water for all of August. Yikes. At least the kids can have fun still while I'm recovering and I won't have the 20 lbs of extra body heat on anymore. Well, slowly it'll come off.







Along with all the anticipation I have waiting for baby, I'm feeling overwhelming love for my little ones, and not so little ones. I know our world is about to be rocked, but in the meantime I'm bursting with love for my family. I feel so blessed and unworthy of these people.

My due date is in 2 weeks. I'm d0ing a little here and there to get ready. Tonight we put the car seat in after I had to have a non stress test because baby's heart beat was "low". Everything is fine and after napping to the sound of the little lady's heart beat I was cleared to go. I've been thinking though, all you moms that have been through labor, what are the secrets out there? Some of you seem to bounce back faster than others. Spill it. What am I missing? I'm running out of time so please tell.

2 comments:

ashley said...

welp, i have no advise, but will check back here to see what other peeps say about the "fast bounce back"
can't believe it's 2 weeks away!

and, i will email you a link to the ayso region out here and you could see about registering taj man. it starts in august. when are you guys going to be getting back here? i am coaching, but its an all girl team- dang, cause it would have been so fun to have them on the same team! k, email coming your way...

Mariko said...

If you hear any secrets, let me know. I'd also like to know your secret for only gaining 20lbs. Sheesh. Every time I go to the doctor I'm like, "How much did I gain? REALLY?"