Monday, March 22, 2010

Family History

About 7 years ago when Micah and I were still dating he woke me up really early. It was dark out still I think. He blindfolded me and and took me out to his car and started driving. I was still half asleep but smiling I'm sure. After a little effort of trying to figure out where he was taking me I gave up and just enjoyed the ride.
Once the car stopped the hiking began. Not much hiking for me though. Micah had me jump on his back and piggy backed me to the destination, where ever that would be. Finally we stopped. He put me down and took off the blindfold. It was beautiful. Micah had taken me to the Heiau above Waimea Bay.
After taking in the view for a second and getting my vision back I looked over at Micah. He was on one knee with a little box. He said, "Well, what do you think?" I responded with something like, "About what?" I wasn't trying to be rude, I just missed the HUGE lettering in the sand down at the beach that read, "Will you marry me?". Once it all came together you can imagine the reaction and shock.
Yesterday we took the family there and shared the story. Eden Waimea had us tell her again and again and again. Taj loved the hike and the bunker. It's a special place for sure.









4 comments:

liko said...

love the proposal story and the fact that you took the kids there and told it to them.

Megan and Keli'i said...

I love that story. Cute.

Stephanie said...

how wonderful! what a special place and story.

Troy and Kim Bench and Family said...

That is the cutest proposal. I almost cried! I could just picture it all. Hope you are soaking in every last ray of sun while you're there 9(soak in a little for me too!)