Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Thank Heavens For Little Girls!

Our little princess is 2 years old.It's been a busy 2 years. I hardly had time to stop and realize I don't have a baby anymore. Instead, I have these cute little monkeys. The skirt and cowboy boots are an example of her strong personal expression. I stayed up one night making skirts for her after she insisted on wearing one. Not a dress, or even pink leggings. It had to be a skirt. I'm proud of her stubbornness sometimes. I like a girl to be tough enough to stand up for what they want (in the right moments that can be one of the most important things for a girl to do).
While the pictures don't show her smiling, I assure you Eden LOVES to dance. She isn't smiling because she gets so involved and into her own dancer world. It's darling to watch, and I'm smiling for the both of us. She loves to put on her dancing skirts, do tippy toes and does better than most of the 3 year olds in the class. I'm glad we're finding things she loves. As I get to know her better I can look back and see her all along in the pictures.
For our little princess we had to have a princess party. She had specific plans for her birthday and has been telling us about them since Taj's birthday. She had to have a birthday hat and the birthday song.
We let the kids decorate their own crowns and cupcakes.

She loved her cake. My Mom offered a little candy off of it to her she said no. "Eat it after birthday song." There she is standing up for what she thinks is important again-what other kid would turn that candy down?

We are so proud of our Eden girl. As much of a princess as she is, she is sweet. Anytime she hears someone tell her sorry she says sorry right back to them. When Eden is doing something naughty she wrinkles her nose and smiles as if it's a little joke. She brings a soft and loving spirit to our family that we didn't know we needed. Happy birthday Eden. We love you!

5 comments:

liko said...

oh, two already!? crazy!!

and you do throw such fun, awesome parties...from the looks of it, anyway.

Amy said...

Another darling cake! I might have to steal this version for my next princess party. Eden is such a cutey. Believe it or not, I have never signed up my girls for dance. I know they would love it too. Fun to see my neice and nephews at the party. Wish we could have been there. :)

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

you have the best ideas for Birthday parties!! She's such doll! I love 2 year olds! Leia is crazy out of control sometimes, but so sweet and loving most of the time. Happy Birthday Eden!

heidi said...

love the cake!! eden is a cutie. happy birthday!

ashley said...

your amazing- get back from vacation on sunday and have a party on monday! glad she had a fun birthday! she is a so fun and i can't believe how grown up she is for 2! love her.

ps- after grabbing my camera, i didn't get any pictures of the bodysurfers the other day, if you got a good one or two will you email them to me? thanks!