Sunday, September 20, 2009

Family Fun

We've been living in Utah for 3 and a half years now and every time
a holiday comes along I still instinctively picture packing up food

and the family and spending
the day at the beach. This labor day we got as
close to that as you can in
Utah. We packed up and went to the lake,
and you know there was surf! Ha. It was a great day ending with the night at Zermatt. We ate at the best Mexican restaurant "Tarahumara", we've found in Utah-suggestions welcome. The kids LOVE room service and the pool, and don't forget the merry-go-round. If it weren't for the money thing, I'd do this every holiday.
Notice Micah's handywork on what used to be our poopy brown surf board. I love it and want to use it much much more.

3 comments:

Kaity said...

I love that picture of you "surfing". I really miss surfing in Hawaii. I think about it everyday.

ashley said...

um, that surf board is amazing. micah has a golden touch, everything he paints/draws on turns awesome!

and what a fun trip. i get to surf and am missing getting pulled behind a boat! maybe we should have traded places on labor day! ha!

Amy said...

Sounds so fun. I have never been water skiing/surfing/tubing. Rudy and I really want to try renting a canoe or kayaks and take advantage of all the lakes in such close distance.