Thursday, April 9, 2009

Reality Bites


We're heading back to Utah tonight. I know we'll be back to Hawaii someday, and I also know that we have a great life waiting back in Utah, but it still hurts. Here's just a small list of the things we will miss:

Goodbye morning walks/runs by the beach.
See ya hammocks.

We'll miss you toes in the sand while watching the sun go down.

Until next time neighbor kids coming by to play with Taj.
I'll be dreaming of you Storto's, Wailua Bakery, Sharks Cove Grill, Pizza Bob's salad, Kua'aina, ice cream shop in Hale'iwa whose name I can't remember, Foodland Sushi, Hawaiian Sun's, Bale's, Hale'iwa Eats, farmers market....

Laters surfboard that magically rides any size wave and fits into the turtle bay closet.

Goodbye local grocery store where we bump into people we know and love.

Was great to hang with you beaches where the kids played happily for hours giving Micah and I the chance to surf and relax.


Love you warmth and sunshine that gives us the chance to play, even in March, and tire the kids out so they sleep better than they have in months.

Hasta trees that Taj and Eden love to climb.

Oh, plumerias, tahitian gardenia, pua kini kini, we will miss looking at you and smelling your sweetness. I can't believe I didn't take a single picture of Eden putting them behind her ear.

I'll remember you always Micah's wedding ring that rests somewhere at Waimea Bay.

You are my happy place ocean so crystal clear I can see blue and yellow fish swimming around from my surfboard.

I'll stop myself because I could obviously go on and on forever and because some of my favorite things are feelings that can't be put into words. I feel so blessed to have had so much time here in paradise with my favorite people. I'm grateful for the memories we've created together here and the way this place is helping to shape my kids approach to life. So until next time Hawaii, Aloha oe.

9 comments:

liko said...

oh - you lost a ring at waimea, too? hehe, sucks, huh? sounds like you had TONS of fun adventures, and you will be back, take comfort in knowing that!

Melanie said...

I bet Waimea has gotten a lot of good stuff!

I miss all of those things and I've only spent a fraction of the time in Hawaii that you have.

Utah has amazing things too. And if you ever want the best farmer's market ever, just visit Portland in the summer. You'll never believe it!

Kahilau said...

you are making me so sad! Thank you for the short trip down memory lane. Let's get together so I can see how tanned you guys got and live the Hawaii life through you!

Carli said...

wow! how long did you get to stay there? was it just a vacation cause you were there a while it seems like. I am so sad for you, but I wish I could go back someday. Last time I was there was 2002! WAY too long!

ashley said...

sorry you have to go home. so sad saying good bye, but you will be back! and i am serious about living at t-bay with you guys!

i think we are going to be in ut in august, so we will have to play with you then. and if you are around here, well, you know the drill!

Patria said...

it was so fun seeing you- you guys are such a fun family and we hope you end up back here soon! (to live)! luv, patria and mark

Stephanie said...

well i am so happy i got to see you for a bit at beach day! dont worry- everything (including beach day most likely) will be patiently waiting for your return so come back soon!

Megan and Keli'i said...

I can't believe we never even bumped into each other! Oh well, there's always next time! We'll miss you guys and I know Hawaii will miss you!

Helen said...

Who took the photos???? They are FAB!