Monday, March 16, 2009

Sun always shines on Sundays

Everyone needs a break. Everyone with a family needs a day set aside for doing nothing with the people they love. For us Sunday is that day.
We awoke today to a glowing and glorious Sunday. Back in Utah we go to church and to Nana's for dinner, but the hours around all of that are l-o-n-g. We play and have fun for a while, but then the stir crazy and tired of the same ol' sets in and when it's the middle of winter there aren't many options of things to do or places to go on a Sunday. I guess I should blame my creativity, or rather the lack thereof.
But today was wonderful. We scootered, explored tide pools, climbed trees, blew bubbles and just enjoyed life with each other. There were more spiritual and heavenly moments wrapped up in today than I've had in a long time. I know, again, my fault. I guess what I'm saying is that I want to make every Sunday this special.

8 comments:

Carli said...

are you living in hawaii now??

ashley said...

you and yours. me and mine. we need to just get condos in t-bay and live there. i don't care if its only a 1 bedroom we have to live in, we are never inside anyways! seriously, it's so nice over there!

heidi said...

i am so happy for you. that looks glorious. oh to live in hawaii once more. i miss it so very very much.

Kahilau said...

LOVE IT! How fun for you guys. I remember the weather always being perfect on Sunday. So great for you guys to get a much deserved break. When you guys get back it will be much better here too. Today it is 65. It feels FABULOUS!

Ashleigh said...

Goodness what a perfect Sunday you had. Truly a perfect day in my book. Thanks for the help Micah and as for you Jill thank you for letting us borrow your husband almost all day. I know that is a sacrifice. We sure do/did appreciate it. when do you guys come back?

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

those pictures and Jack Johnson playing make me never want to close this window!! r u just on vacation or did you move back? BTW, is Mike still there? tell him hi next time you talk to him. Enjoy your time on the island!

Smiths said...

I like to pretend we are back in Hawaii permanently, but this is just another fun trip. We love it here and it feels like home.

Sylvie- Mike is in Eugene OR right now, but I'm not sure how much longer. It sounds like he's on his way to Tahiti soon.

Kari said...

So how long are you there this time? I have been dying to go back to Hawaii FOREVER! Can you believe I haven't been back since '02? Ahhh! I've never gone this long. I'm happy you are there though! How fun!
I can't believe how big Eden is! She is such a cutie!
Get some sun for me, and in response to your last email...yes I still have a blog! I took a leave of absence, but I am back in the game.