Monday, March 30, 2009

The Perfect Start and End To Our Days





We spent Saturday morning at V-land (you should have been there Velzy!). While enjoying the sun and sand and watching for Daddy to catch waves I noticed Joel Tudor stretching and putting his leash on right next to us! I'm all excited and tell the kids that Joel Tudor, one of my favorite surfers, and the best long boarder in the world was about to paddle out. Taj, sensing my excitement I'm sure says he is Joel Tudor and tells me he just caught some good waves. Then he tells me his name is Joel Tudor because he toots a lot. I'm cracking up and wondering how many times Joel got teased for that very thing when he was growing up and Taj tells me, "It's not a joke." I love the way that boys brain works.




After a lazy afternoon we needed to get out and run around. We landed at Castle Beach where we really just ran around. The kids started running and didn't stop. They ran up and down the beach, into the white wash and away from the white wash. Taj ended up soaked and we were all giddy from the fun and heavenly beauty of this place.

7 comments:

Carli said...

I reaaly want to know, are you living there forever now? you are so lucky. I love it there!

ashley said...

velzy (and her mom) wishes she were there too!

Smiths said...

Not living here forever yet. We're hoping to move back as soon as we can figure some of the finer details out, but for now we are grateful to spend a month at a time here :)

Melanie said...

the kids are getting so big and i am wondering when the next reunion is so i can have real conversations with them.

i can't believe that shirt still fits taj as tall as he's getting!

Kahilau said...

So many blessing for your beautiful family! Moving back would be an incredible dream come true huh? So FUN!

liko said...

looks like fun! and that 'toot a lot' bit was funny. hehe.

Helen said...

I love castles!! You really want to move back? That is awesome!