Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pun-ishment

I've been a fan of puns thanks to my Daddy's great sense of humor. I feel like he's trained me to appreciate the art of playing with words. That said, Micah and I aren't so sure about puns around here anymore. It's o.k. to make a few jokes with friends, but lately we've been seeing them everywhere and I think they are going too far. You be the judge:
  • the rice pudding place in Provo called, "Pudding on the Rice". (putting on the ritz-get it?)
  • another place in Provo called "Spoon Me." I believe it's a frozen yogurt place. Puh-lease.
  • It's not just the food industry. There's a snowboarding shop called "Board of Provo".
  • In the mall I have to look the other way when we pass the ties only store called, "Tie one on". Ugh.

There are a couple of billboards that are personal favorites:

  • "We'll set your kids straight." An orthodontist place.
  • A men's A Capella group called, "Voicemale".

4 comments:

Helen said...

Those are so classic and CORNY! LOL. I went to eat at L&L and saw the "Spoon me" place. LOL. Nuts! Where are you living these days? I heard it was somewhere in Lehi.

Mariko said...

You REALLY should listen to the pun master contest. It's funny and teeth gritting and the same time.

Kahilau said...

It is so true. I have never seen more of these than in Utah.
"Shelf Reliance"-Food storage company
"Painted Temple"- Tattoo shop
"Oh scrap"- scrapbook company
more and more.
some of them are pretty clever, some of them... not so much!

Mariko said...

Oh, and can I just say, "Pudding on the Rice" is so terrible simply because it isn't even an actual pun. And rice pudding is not the same as pudding on rice. The latter sounds gross, actually. UTAHANS!