Friday, February 6, 2009

Neither Here Nor There

I have been a horribly spotty blogger lately. I love to check blogs, but haven't been able to get myself to blog much. It could be the exhaustion of parenting, but that's nothing new. It could be the 7th season of "Gilmore Girls" Micah got me-he's the best. It could be all the computer time I do for the primary (I've been the ward primary secretary since Nov.-not just a Sunday calling). It might be that I've been slacking in the photo taking, and everyone knows that a blog without pictures is hardly a blog. Whatever the reason, here's a little of us from lately. We introduced shaving cream to the kids during bath time the other night. Eden thought it was weird, but Taj couldn't get enough.
I used to run down the hill and passed the High School to a duck pond with the kiddo's before the winter set in. I figured the path around it would be snowed over and the ducks would be further down south for the winter. I got talked into just checking it out by my three year old- so young, yet so persuasive :). We were very pleasantly surprised. There was a little opening in the frozen pond where ducks from even colder places were quacking around. The kids ran around it with me and quacked for bread like ducks. It was a great adventure. Good idea Taj!
A nearby mall has a carousel and Micah and I just remembered! The little ones loved it, and we loved the man/woman that was running the thing. Even though he/she had hairier arms and a lower voice than Micah, I still think that it was a woman. Micah and I will have to agree to disagree on this one.

From the picture you can tell what kinds of shenanigans Eden is getting into these days. She loves being in her diaper. All of a sudden she is obsessed with taking off her socks and shoes in public, but also loves to try to put on her brothers shoes and underwear while we're at home. I think she pulls off the look while saying "Cheese," for the camera. I can't get enough of this girl.

8 comments:

Melanie said...

I love the Gilmore Girls! But it certainly is quite a commitment when you have to watch all the seasons of a show. I have also gone through Veronica Mars, Buffy, Angel, and Felicity. After a while all the episodes start to blend together. It's good you have other activities to break up the monotony of watching television!

Dustin said...

I couldn't think of a better place to show you guys this, but I think you'll like it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlcBWpS9dfE

Lindsay said...

I just realized that Eden is not a baby anymore. She looks so big in these pictures. Come on, have a third--Join me in the insanity!!

ashley said...

eden! i love you- your so cute in your undies and looking so grown up too!

Anonymous said...

You know Jean and I could be the verdict of the she/man @ the carousel. You've heard all about our tranny story. hehe

Mariko said...

Eden is super cute. Love the smile.

Mariko said...

Not sure if Dustin wanted the world to see that, but Amaya was entertained.

Amy said...

So you got into Gilmore Girls!!! I was a religious viewer of that show from season 2 to the end. I missed the very last episode when it aired and finally got to see it a few months ago when I found the last season at the library. Doesn't something about Lorelai remind you of Sara C.? The whole small town thing just reminds me of Laie. Kirk is classic! Anyway, Eden is just looking too cute! I wish I could be around you guys more, so I could get to know your kids better.