Thursday, January 1, 2009

the Holidays



Christmas was great. A lot of family time, great food, presents, happy kids- who'd complain about that? We've had tons of snow lately so we spent some time shoveling instead of going to Aunt Roses for Christmas dinner. We loved every overstimulated minute. I think I overdid the holiday excitement in the beginning because by the end of Christmas I was feeling a little grinchy... like we spent way too much money and did too much. I think I just needed sleep. As the kids get older and can understand the true meaning of Christmas we'll try to focus more on that. For now acting out the nativity, giving presents, and spending time with the family is wonderful. And Happy New Year!!

And to all those that thoughtfully gave stuff to Taj, he says, "We got a lot of crap!" It was said in the sweetest voice ever- we're not quite sure he gets what "crap" means. We had a good laugh and are working on helping our kids show more gratitude :)

4 comments:

Mariko said...

Yep, and no one got more crap than me! Well, not crap, but I did wake up this morning thinking that I wanted to simplify. It's a little disheartening what growing up does to your love of Christmas. I love that Eden is walking around with the stroller. Her and Amaya will get along just fine.

ashley said...

crap taj cracks me up.

looks like you kids are at least enjoying the snow a bit...

so, i think now that we are on the big rock we need to come up to utah at least once to see molly and my brothers and of course the smith gang! and whenever you guys come down, we have to play! that will be fun! keep warm sista- we all have colds from the "cold" here, awesome!

Amy said...

I think my kids got way too spoiled this year too. We are working on the whole gratitude thing as well. It's a hard thing to teach. I feel like we say "no" to our kids enough, but then sometimes Aubrey suprises me with how ungrateful she acts and then it makes me think that I'm still overindulging them. It is a hard balancing act!

Unknown said...

I'm still laughing from the crap comment!! how cute!!
I can't beleive how long Eden's hair is! She's such a doll!! Speaking of dolls, I was hoping Leia would get one just like Eden, but Santa dropped the ball on that one, but seeing how Eden likes hers, I really need to go get one for Leia!!
Looks like you had a fun Christmas!