Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Latest and Greatest (on the potty)


Taj is a pro on the potty now! Almost as if by magic, the morning after I wrote the blog about "failing" at potty training he woke up and gave me a "dry and clean" day! He's been great ever since. Yippee!!! He even goes in public restrooms. I am so proud. I use pull ups at nap and bedtime, but even those are always dry.

As for the pooping, he's only really gone once and a half in the last week. That can't be good. I feel uncomfortable just thinking about it. I keep trying to let him know it's o.k. to poo on the potty and that everyone has to do it. He tells me he has to poo and we rush to the potty, then he says "false alarm". My theory is that it's a new sensation to go on the potty, and after holding it so we don't have any accidents (bless him) he can't get the urge to go back. Or something. I'm definitely not an expert, but I am a little worried. I've really appreciated the input so if you've got any more I'll take it.
Pictures: With him wearing underpants I found out he's a future plumber. He loved the ice cream facial he got for pooing on the toilet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Good job. About the poo, I had one child that was just too smart for me. Without my knowing, he'd actually put a diaper on himself, poop and then throw it in the trash. It took me a few days to figure it out, and another whole month before he'd go on the potty, but eventually he felt comfortable doing it! :-)