Sunday, May 11, 2008

What Day Is It?

I know it's Mother's Day, but I can't help but think about my Daddy today. Anyone that knew him would understand. My Dad made a fuss over Mom's on Mother's Day; his mom, the mother of his kids, widows, and other people that were like moms to his children.
One of his specialties that became a Mother's Day tradition was to make chocolate covered strawberries... tons of chocolate covered strawberries. It was an all day event ending in dipping everything we could find.
I still dip strawberries in chocolate every Mother's Day for my Mom, but I mostly think about my Dad while I do it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill?!! I didn't even realize this was your blog...I was on Kelii and Megans blog and was just having a look! How are you guys? Still in Utah? We're in Lehi (behind Lowes). Still wishing we were back in Hawaii, but maybe someday. By the way you have a beautiful family and I REALLY like your husbands art!! Does he do it professionally? Hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day! PLease tell your mom I said hi and we love her heaps!! Kristen Kennerley
www.shuzokukennerley.blogspot.com

ashley said...

those look so yummy! your dad was one cool guy, not that i kenw him all that well, but he was always super nice and was a great teacher too.

and sweet ride- you look stoked! eden girl needs a little seat on the back, i have a broken one i would send your way but i don't think it would help!

Molly Malia said...

yum! i are you going to bring those over???
your dad was always such a great, friendly guy... and mother, so loving... they are two of the best! tell your mom hi for me!

JulieAbundo said...

Jill, that was such an awesome memory. Thanks for sharing. It was the best insight to mother's day I've heard all week. Happy Mother's day!

Carli said...

I hope you remember me! If not, I lived in your garage in Hawaii! ( cj's cousin) I remember your dad. He was so nice to me and my friends. Anyway, your kids are so cute! I have an 8 month old girl. I love reading blogs so hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog.

Kahilau said...

Jill, what a beautiful picture to have in your mind on Mother's Day. Your dad was amazing. I only knew him after Mike and I got married but heard about him for years before that. How fun for you that you coose to continue that tradition. I know that means a ton to your mom. Thanks for sharing