Thursday, February 28, 2008

an Update

Taj has been getting worked lately. He goes through little periods of being really clumsy and getting hurt, usually during growth spurts, but lately he's just plain getting dosed. We went to a basketball game of Micah's the other night and as Taj sweetly sat on the front row getting into the excitement of the game and the atmosphere a guy got mad at the ref and threw the ball. The ref didn't catch the ball and it goes flying right at inocent little Taj. He was hurt, but as a kid the suprised and embarrassed factors made it sooooo much worse. I was shocked how quickly he bounced back and pleased that he was more willing to stay close to mom afterwords.
It's finally warm enough to go outside so Taj was taking full advantage. We played until he got so hurt I put my foot down and made him come in for a nap. First he hit the beam holding up our balcony with the top of his head (not sure what was going on to cause that one), then he was riding his bike and not really watching where he was going and rode right into our gate leaving his nose and eye all tore up. What a tough kid doing his best to smile while I took the picture of his battle wounds.Here we have "Fireman Sam". Anyone heard of the show? Me either until we found it on Demand a week ago. Now that's all Taj talks about. We turn on the fireplace and all of a sudden it's, "Fireman Sam to the rescue. He's gonna save the day." We got into it with him.
We finally got to use the "Hawaii Stroller". I got this stroller before we went to HI and haven't used it since we got back until today! I wasn't the only one excited. Taj and Eden were all about it.

2 comments:

Molly Malia said...

don't you just love spring days... well almost, but it seems like its getting closer.
ooo, i can see it now... the summer of scrapes and bruises! go taj!

Anonymous said...

Smith Family,
Ok, ok, so we did it, we created a blog. Jean reminded me to visit your blog and I can't believe how big the lil' kids haven't gotten, even since we were there in January! I'll speak for myself when I say I miss Utah and our friends up there. Jean as you are well aware will have no part of it. You've got to get Micah to put the pressure on Jean to move up there. Although, I'm just starting to get the hang of it out here...
We miss you guys and hope you'll visit with us soon!
Check us out at: www.lambertslatest.blogspot.com