Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Before I forget...


I'm a dork for writing so soon, but I don't want to forget anything. It was a Christmas to remember. Taj was in awe of everything. It brought a sweet and pure spirit to the holiday that made this Christmas the best I've ever had. I can see how parents get so carried away.
We have both grandparents living really close, so it was tough trying to decide who's house we'd go to for Christmas festivities. To avoid hurting feelings we decided to have it all at our house. I think it went over well. Together, the Smith's and Jackson's can make a mean feast. After eating, Taj and his cousin Kali at the kids table :), we had them act out the nativity, then opened a Christmas eve present (p.j.'s) and read Christmas books. We also got to talk to Micah's brother Luke who is on a mission in Guatamala. Exhausting, and exciting.

We decided to make our own stockings last year and are proud we finished Edens in time for this year.

Christmas eve we went tubing at a nearby golf coarse. It was going off- kids everywhere. We had a great time, but because I want to remember every detail I must mention the tumble Taj and Pop Pop took. They ran into some other tubers and Taj did a complete flip. He was brave and went down the hill a few more times. We're so proud.

Little Joseph. He had no problem playing dress up even though it probably made no sense to him. He and Mary both had donkeys. Kali's dress kept going up without her noticing. We all had to laugh at how inappropriate Mary was. Ha ha.

Here's Taj in his jammies playing with the train set Santa brought him. It was waiting for him at the bottom of the stairs. He smiled and ran to it when he saw it, and that was all we got from Taj for about the next two hours. We couldn't get him to even look away, even for other presents. His cousin couldn't stand seeing his stack of untouched presents waiting to be unwrapped and asked several times if she should help unwrap them.

It snowed the whole night but was a beautiful and sunny day. The guys went out to shovel and ended up playing. Since it was Christmas the roads didn't get cleared, and since we live on a little hill we had the perfect place for sledding. It was just one more thing to make it a perfect Christmas.

6 comments:

Kari said...

Great post! It sounds like you guys had a fun, full Christmas! I hear ya on the both grandparent's living in town thing. It gets crazy! This Christmas was Ali's first Christmas where she understood everything, too. It was soooo much fun! I think we got too carried away with gifts, though. When did your parents move to Utah?

Smiths said...

My mom moved here a few months ago, and my dad passed away a few years ago- sorry you never heard. It was a blast-e.

Kari said...

By the way, I love your stockings! They are very cute. I tried making some for my family this year and they turned out awful! I only made one and gave up. Maybe I'll try again next year. I like the patterns you chose, too!
Sorry about your Dad! That is really sad. I'm glad your mom moved out there with you. My dad had a massive heart attack, called the "widow maker" because people don't usually survive it, about 4 years ago. He remarkably made it through (after a major surgery). I'm really sorry you lost him.

Mickell Gehret said...

Hey Jill, I saw your link on Molly's page. Your kids are adorable and you look so happy! I just started this blogging thing. It's so cool to see people we grew up with and to see their kids now. Hope all is well!!

Kaity said...

Hi Jill. I just saw you on Ashley's blog. I am jealous that you got to go to Hawaii for a month. I love you. You are so skinny.

Kaity said...

Oh also this is Kaity Palmer. I just added you to my list of friends on my blog. Your family is so precious. Tell your mom hi. Sorry so random.