Thursday, July 14, 2011

Smith Girls in the Twin Cities

Olivia and I just got back from our trip to St. Paul. Why go to Minnesota you ask? 
For these guys:
this little guy (James was born the same day as Olivia)

this little cutie (and her old lady impression)

these girls might be the most photogenic people I know.


Amy and I have been friends forever. Since before we can even remember. We've always felt like family, then after meeting her cousin and marrying him we really became family. I haven't seen enough of her and her family that's been all over for Rudy, her husband, who is finishing his Residency in Minneapolis. Olivia and I jumped at the chance to go see them for 4 days and I'm soooooo glad we did.
At the Mall of America. It's as amazing as you've heard.

mmmmm... the raspberries.
Livi's first ride on a carousel.
More raspberries.
at the beach? No, at the lake. One of the 10,000.

surprisingly warm. playground right there. I kind of get why people love this place.



Even more raspberries. You can imagine the diapers. So amazing fresh picked.

gorgeous (sweaty) Minnehaha falls.

Such a fun trip. Amy totally spoiled us. She taught me all about the importance of good food with good company. I had no idea Amy could cook like that. She was an amazing tour guide. I can't get over the houses and the beautiful cathedrals. Incredible city full of nice people. Olivia is the best lap child ever. Seriously never fussed, even when our flight was delayed an hour, then we sat on the runway for a half hour, then we had to run to make our next flight, then we sat on the runway for another half hour, then they lost our luggage, so we didn't get home until 2 am. She was pure sweetness. It must have been all the sweet raspberries and her first taste of ice cream.
I was aching for my other babies, but we loved every minute of our vacation.

3 comments:

liko said...

so fun!!!
and berries - one of the many reasons i LOVE oregon - fresh-picked and free, can't beat that!

Stephanie said...

Let's do it together next round Jill! We are all done with Story Club for the summer, but will start it up again fo sho so yeah, you and me fo evah! :)

Amy said...

We loved having you and Olivia! Your shutterfly photo card was such a fun surprise in the mail. I am so glad you decided to come. I hope you weren't too tired out from your "vacation". :) My girls adore you and I can totally see why. You are such a sweet and patient person. I wish I could mother more like you. Thanks for inspiring me to try a little harder to be more positive and happy with my kids. By the way, James did cut three new teeth a few days after you left. I am glad to report that his screeching has calmed down to a few hungry screams a day. :)