Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas, New Years, New Us

This was our first Christmas in Hawaii and our first Christmas on our own, without parents around to lean on. We loved leaning on them, but how can you go wrong with Christmas? We couldn't get out of acting out the Nativity. Mary and the Angel/ Wise man (taj) were super excited. Olivia acted as baby Jesus for us, and Amaya was a great co-Angel/Wise man.
The kids were happy and nice all day. Santa gave Taj some Atlantis Lego's he'd been wanting.
Eden finally got some "girl Lego's" so she doesn't have to borrow Taj's.
I have to mention how much I love having kids. I can't imagine Christmas without them. They make this time of year so magical and exciting and memorable.
Santa brought Eden a bike. She was super excited, then kindly said, "but I said I wanted a Rapunzel doll." She quickly remembered she also wanted a bike and said how happy she was Santa got her a bike. Mom and Dad got her a Rapunzel doll, but it was wrapped up. She said she was happy she got all the things she asked for.
Olivia seemed to like whatever it was we were doing Christmas day. We made her her stocking and at Taj and Eden's request we stuffed it. We kind of forgot to get stuff since she's only 5 months and wasn't begging for anything. She got the new Christmas pj's and rice cereal. She was a good girl this year, but Santa is kinda cheap.

New years eve wasn't too exciting. Even though I grew up in Laie, I don't get into New Years too much. I never liked the noise and smoke much. We did a few flowers, eye balls, morning glories, and tanks and then turned in by 9:30. It was perfect.

As for the new year, I've never been able to make and keep any resolutions. I think I'm the kind of person that doesn't like to be told when to start a goal. I have to be the one to say when it's time. There's that and that I quit most things I start. This year I plan to be more healthy. Fewer sugary snacky things (except for tonight. Mariko, you know what I'm talking about).

Olivia has grown up tons in the last week. She's liking rice cereal and thinks that all food should be grabbed and pulled into her mouth. This method of grabbing and pulling has gotten her banana which she LOVES. She's also rolling over and making farty/ spitty sounds and playing peek-a-boo. She loves to go for walks, facing outward of coarse. She has a smile that melts me and a laugh I spend hours trying to get.

2010 was a great year for us. I can't wait to see what 2011 has in store for me and my family.

No comments: