Monday, October 11, 2010

Blessings

There are a lot of Smiths now, huh. Kind of surprises me to see us all shoved in one picture together. When people ask how it is having three kids my first thought is LOUD. Taj and Eden haven't stopped talking for months now. Throw some crying in there and hand me the ear plugs please. Love this picture though. First one all together since the hospital. It was Olivia's blessing, and time for a feeding.
This dress is amazing. Hand sewn about 35 years ago. This was the 3rd blessing in it (Auntie Alissa, Eden, and now Olivia).
This is one of the few pictures of us together. I will cherish it.
Eden turned 3 on October 4th. We had a special family birthday for her. I LOVE having an excuse to spoil my kids. There are few things more satisfying in this life. She is at a tricky stage-time outs and attitude a plenty. She comes up with "leave me alone Mom", and "I have to go potty. My heart told me." All part of the roller coaster of emotions. She's such a blessing. We knew both our girls needed to come to our family well before we had them and I'm reminded of how blessed we are daily.

5 comments:

liko said...

that is an amazing dress!

and i love that picture of the two of you. lovely.

Ashleigh said...

BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL Family you are smiths! I think you need more little Smiths!! Sad we missed Olivia's blessed day. That Dress is amazing.

Kahilau said...

Amen to the ear plugs! add in a few friends for those said children and WOW! CRAZY! Your family is beautiful, when Mike and I had 3 I finally felt like we were a real family, why then? I don't know but I did.

Mariko said...

You guys are the cutest most photogenic family ever. Really. I am so excited to meet Olivia. Are you having a countdown? I am.

Lacey said...

wow! its been a while, Micah in long hair! you have three! (i'm pretty sure i missed that-sorry) and can i just say eden is beautiful!(just like her mommy) Aloha! we still plan to come visit....someday.....