Friday, February 19, 2010

Critters




We found this little guy in our house the other day. I was shocked when Taj gently scooped him up and carried him around for a long time (I talked him into putting him in some bushes to live).
I've been so proud of the kids and their love towards these harmless geckos along with a bunch of other animals. They've held sand crabs, hermit crabs, sea cucumbers, gently touched spikes on sea urchins. We look for chameleons and frogs every time we go out and feed our left over bread to birds outside. I kind of think it's a building block for understanding how special this place is, and teach them to love and care for it's animal life. I could do without centipedes and blue bubbles, but I guess everything has it's place.
Speaking of taking care of this place, is anyone interested in a family style beach clean up? I want to do one with the kids and feel like making it a big multi-family event with a pot luck after would be fun and memorable. Let me know if you're interested and we can work out the details!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

i knew you were a kindred spirit :)

i have been thinking about getting some gloves and doing a beach clean-up with ambrose lately and so yes, yes, please count us in for sure!

we'll be there.

liko said...

that is an awesome idea - followed by a bonfire too? haha, is the fire dept. allows it.

let us know when and where!!!

j,d and little b said...

Hey Jill! Are you somehow related to BYUH? Because of security reasons, and cost of HPD, we are only allowed to open the 5k race of to BYUH peeps. Which totally bums me out.. but if you are then i can email you a registration form!!