Friday, December 18, 2009

Cookies With Santa





There's a crazy shop nearby called "Dear Lizzy". By crazy I mean DON'T look at the prices. It's all fancy and fru fru. They have a great little Christmas tradition though. They have cookies with Santa! It's nestled back in a little section of the shop where the kids can't do much damage. You have to sign up for it so there were only about 15 kids. You get cookies and milk and a bell to ring to get Santa to come. One by one the kids get called up by name to sit on Santa's lap- the sweetest Santa I've ever met. The kids loved it. Eden wants 2 bikes and Taj wants a race track for his cars. I think Santa can handle that this year.

4 comments:

heidi said...

That is the most REAL looking Santa I have ever seen. What a fun thing for Eden and Taj...and YOU! :) I love finding out about fun little tricks like that to do. Good work.

liko said...

yes - what a great-looking santa!! and that is awesome you got to be a part of that selective group.

ThE RaSmUsSeN's said...

How fun! I bet they felt really special having their names called. I'm impressed with Eden, she's seems very comfortable on Santa's lap. Leia Saw him yesterday at our ward party and FREAKED out! She might have done better with such good looking Santa though!

Anonymous said...

That's funny you said it's expensive, because as I was looking at the pictures I was thinking, "Gosh where is she?? That looks like the nicest and most indulging store I'd like to be in!" That's a riot. Jean told me something in the car ride down to Cali. What's funny is I had a feeling about it when I was there for dinner but didn't want to ask. I'm smiling!