Thursday, November 5, 2009

More Fun With Cake

If I had to pin down what I love about Jack and Julie (besides how well their names sound together) I'd have to go with their brutal honesty. Julie is one of those few people that can say what we're all thinking and you love her for it. Jack is a big ex-football player type that is found crying into his mustache all through church meetings. He's a big softy. They are high school sweet hearts and are still clearly in love.

Julie has had diabetes her whole life and was only able to have one child, Erika. They adopted a son, Jordan, who recently completed training in the Marine Reserves. I can't imagine how hard it would be to watch your child sign up for any type of military training in these times. They are very supportive people. They asked us to make a cake for the party and while our only credentials are birthday cakes we accepted the challenge. We had a fun time practicing our cake making skills for them. We have a lot to learn, but I'm still pleased with the outcome.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

You guys are out of control. I have become obsessed with all of these cake challenge shows and so I know you could go pro.

ashley said...

hello awesome.
i am amazed, you guys rocked it!

Mariko said...

What the heck is going on with you two and cake awesomeness?
But tell me, is that fondant totally disgusting while beautiful?

liko said...

holy cow - you thinking about opening up a bakery?? you make some awesome cakes there!!

Stephanie said...

oh my gosh that is seriously amazing!

Helen said...

Is that your side job? It should be! Too cool!.

Amy said...

HOLY COW!!! How in the world did you guys do that? That is the most amazing thing I have ever seen!!! Very cool. By the way, have you heard back from Sara yet about getting together on the 21st? We have something going that night, so it would have to be before 4pm.