Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Nature's Candy

I'm not a gardener by a long shot, but the little sprouts we planted and have been caring for are kicking some harvesting butt! We have huge zucchini, poky little pickling cucumbers, three large pumpkins (one of which is already turning orange, which seems odd to me) and the red cherry tomatoes of Edens dreams.
The goats have been kind enough to only eat half our apricot tree still leaving us more than we really need. All this fabulous garden fresh produce makes me think Mother Nature is trying to make up for such a long crappy winter. I think it might be working a little. With all this zucchini I had to find someplace to put it. It's gone into butter and garlic, pasta salad, smoothies, and our new favorite- zucchini bread. It's called zucchini cake around here and treated as a cake would be: devoured! Yum.

5 comments:

liko said...

YUMMMM. that's all i gotta say.

Megan and Keli'i said...

Wow! That is an awesome garden you got going on! AWESOME!

ashley said...

thank you mother nature!

Stephanie said...

smoothies??? tell me more! in fact, do you do green smoothies?? im looking for a good recipe. the one i made last week.... i shudder thinking about choking it down again :)

Jeff and Eliza said...

I totally hate zuchinni, but totally love zuchinni bread! Mmmmm. And that "No Fear" shirt is classic! I love it!