Friday, July 3, 2009

My Sunshine Benches!

I found these benches at an antique store I had no interest in ever visiting. I pass the place every time I go to Costco. It's a huge old barn with tons of antique junk. Sorry my antique rummaging friends, but it's truly full of junk. The place gives me the creeps. I passed by and saw these out front and pined for them. I told Micah about them and I think he could see in my eyes that I really loved the Sunshine benches. He sweetly took me there and let me haggle for them, then kindly restored them for me. He had some help along the way. Being Sunshine benches we had to paint them yellow. The cushions are over achievers, but we love them and think they work well together. My talented husband is looking for more projects cuz apparently I'm not keeping him busy enough :). Check out his blog http://thecustomartproject.blogspot.com and if you have any project ideas contact him. He loves creating and is very good at it. I hate to see such talent go to waste so use him.

5 comments:

Mariko said...

You have a good eye Jill. I never can see anything with potential, design wise.
I'm also loving Micah's idea. I can't believe he has time for it, but I'm glad he's using his creative talents.
As for the cherries... I am so jealous. Pit them and freeze as many as you can for smoothies! They're really good that way.
I read all the stories about Taj and Eden to Amaya. She loves it.

ashley said...

those are so fun and sunshiney!

and micah's blog is cool! i love the love umbrella, he should make that into a lil print and sell it, i would buy one! good luck with all that micah!

Ashleigh said...

I totally noticed your beautiful bench first thing when we went over the other day. It is so fitting for you guys. I love it. I can imagine it being so warming when the snow falls.

Amy said...

Love the benches! Very Cute.

Molly Malia said...

great job on the find! i love them!!