Friday, December 5, 2008

Before I forget...




On Thanksgiving Taj and Eden couldn't stand the wait. They were total vultures around the kitchen. Taj was so curious about the dining room set up and was even finding it hard to resist putting his hands in every ones glasses so I finally told him we should just go downstairs and play. He grabs his chair as tight as he can and says, " But, I just, I just can't help myself."
So true. Welcome to life.

When it was finally time to eat Eden snuggled closer than ever during the prayer. She finally got a taste of the mashed potatoes and looked up with a huge grin, then licked her lips. So worth the wait, huh.


After dinner the kids wanted lollipops instead of pie (of coarse they ended up with both). Eden was in heaven, until her lollipop got stuck in her hair. Her Daddy lovingly and gently calmed her down and removed it for her.
Taj has been cracking us up with some some original thoughts such as:
"I'm a National Hero".
We get really dried out here so one night after bath Taj tells us, "Don't put the cream on my nose cuz I want it to be red like Rudolph."
When I was reading Aladdin to Taj the other night we got to the part where Aladdin and Jazmin fall in love "in the moonlight". Taj looks up at me and says, "I fell in love with you Mom." He now says that to the whole family because he knows he gets hugs and kisses. He also says he fell in love when he falls onto his seat at the dinner table. We'll take what we can get.

Micah was out of town last weekend so I was doing the night time routine without him. Taj gave the prayer and said, "Please help Eden sleep good in her crib and Mommy sleep good in her bed, with no one on the other side."
The innocenct humor and joy is everywhere. I love being a mom.

6 comments:

ashley said...

taj,
you have to marry velzy. i can't stand the thought of not having you related to me. your cute and a cute little character, perfect combo.

guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

heidi said...

i love it. kids are so not overrated. how many of these little people do we get? so so fun.

liko said...

awww, love that prayer by Taj. so sweet, 'with no one on the other side'...

Melanie said...

I love being kept up to date on what great little people our niece and nephew are turning into! It makes me a little sad that we are so far away to enjoy holiday festivities with our Smith family!

Kahilau said...

What a great family you have. I know that you enjoy every minute too. You are a great mom, thank you for your example.

Mariko said...

I love to hear Amaya talking too. Especially if I just sit down and listen to her and keep looking excited while she's talking, she will just say the funniest cutest things. She likes the audience and tries to search in her word bank to pull out the funniest combinations. They don't usually make sense, but it's so cute anyway.