Friday, September 19, 2008

Big Wednesday

I know every kid does it. Every kid gets old enough to be dropped off at preschool, left to make choices all on their own, to learn, play, and experience stuff their Mommy will only hear vague descriptives about. It was a very exciting morning in our house because it was Taj's first day at Sunshine Preschool. He was so pumped for it and when it was time to go ran down the sidewalk to his seat and told me "Love you. Bye." before I had a chance to get myself emotionally seated and ready for "bye". I am proud he was so into it all. I am told he was a great listener and did everything he was told.

Wednesday was also Bennett's birthday. We had a blast at an alpaca farm. Carlotta here was a great sport.
I think I know where to go next time I need a sitter. They could have sat and cuddled this sweet animal all day.

Look at these two studs. They are both three this week and were totally showing it at the party. After eating and talking about how much they love chips they chased and tackled each other all around the pasture. Lindsay had to pull out the Texas sheet cake (so amazing) to get them to come over. It's so boy and a event I've been looking forward to as a mom of a boy. What a great day.

8 comments:

Burton said...

Hey Jill! Whats new with you guys? You did such a good job on Tajs B-Day party, it looked so cute! Hey I was wondering where is that Alpaca Farm you went too?

ashley said...

that thing is letting taj sit on it? so cool.

glad to hear the preschool went well, that is exciting!

oh, and nice post title too!

Sunni said...

Hey Smiths! This is Sunni here, I knew old Bill Brasky, I mean Micah in high school. You guys have adorable kids...good job!

Lindsay said...

I think that you and I will be making A LOT of visits to Carlotta this winter!!! We need stuff to do.

Linsey said...

Jill! Your kids are so cute - I have enjoyed reading your blog and catching up on all your fun.

Molly said...

ugh, the first day of preschool is such a mix of emotions! They are so big, and yet you realize how little they still are. Good job on getting through it and letting him go!

Kari said...

Hey Jill! Sorry I haven't frequented your blog in a little bit. I'm with ya on the preschool thing. It's been an adjustment for me, too! Probably more than Ali. Cute pictures though. Taj is such a cutie! Looks like you guys had a great day :)

Kahilau said...

Way to go Taj! That is a huge deal! Way to go mom too. Not too traumatic is sounds like. Enjoy!