Sunday, February 17, 2008

My funny Valentine's Day

The first Valentine's Day I shared with Micah was more amazing than any I even imagined. I woke up to roses placed around my room with notes next to them telling of reasons he loves me. The day got better and better. Needless to say, I married that secretly romantic guy. We haven't quite topped that first Valentine together, and probably because we don't feel like we have to. Every year with Micah has been special and memorable in their own way.

This year was extra special because it was new and special for Taj. We started the day with pink pancakes (they were suposed to be hearts) and pink milk. I've never seen him eat so much in my life. He just kept asking for more. I like this picture because you can see he snuck his hand in the shot to get a pink pancake. He couldn't wait. I've added food coloring to his food a couple of times and it has helped keep my two year old interested in eating- pretty hard to do. At his "Wee Read" class they read and sang all sorts of fun Valentin's Day books and songs, and he got a lolipop (posibly his favorite part of the day). At home we made Valentine's for a few special ladies in his life. The most exciting part for me was his date that night. Taj went out with his Nana and PopPop to a play of "Jungle Book". He sat through the whole thing and had an amazing time, from what I'm told anyway. I love this big boy stuff.

Micah and I took it easy that night, but made up for it the next day on our date. I planned the most romantic thing I could think of- Kangaroo Zoo! It's a huge warehouse full of jumping castles, slides and mazes. We felt like we were on the set of American Gladiators. After getting sweaty there we went and got pedicures. A little girls day out-ish, but I challange anyone to get a pedicure and say they didn't enjoy it. I guess it was Micah showing me one more time how much he loves me by humoring me on that date. We have fun together no matter what we do. I'm so lucky to have married my best friend, and we still like and love each other after all this time.

1 comment:

Molly Malia said...

how fun! where is that place? i want!!!? kasey and i went out and got food poisoning... haha